maanantai 7. toukokuuta 2012

Road Trip : Hawera to Manakau

This day was pretty un-eventful day, pretty much just driving. I took a small peek at the Hawera Water Tower, apparently I was lucky with the weather so was fairly happy to get few nice aerial shots of area around Hawera. I was supposed to head to Tawhiti museum next but for some reason just wasn't bothered and kept going on..


I did took a wee break at Wanganui, at first I stopped at Virginia Lake Reserve to take a stroll around the lake and just throw some bread for birds. I was still a bit un-sure what to do next and where to go, so this was a nice little break for me.


I took another stroll in town center as well, seemed fairly alrite place, maybe a bit sleepy thou. By this point I had few different options about where would I camp for the night. First one was just outside Sanson but it turned out to be just a Bed&Breakfast so onto the next one.. ..that was a caravan park near the shore in Tangimoana but by looks of it, it was totally crap place so I kept moving on. I was a bit reluctant of drivin too close to Wellington cause I wanted to do some driving before I'd get there but the next suitable and above all, free, camp spot was in Manakau, about 80km from Wellington. There, I met two Austrian girls with similar camper as me and we did a wee fire next to the river while sippin our beers and havin a chat. Nice to have some people around after quite a few days camping on quiet places.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti