lauantai 25. elokuuta 2012

Stewart Island

Like I mentioned on my last post, have been working last few wks in Invercargill. Since I've been this far south I couldn't resist temptation taking a day trip to Stewart Island and finally weather was good enough to do it. Initially I thought of flying to the island and getting few more hours of expedition but afterwards decided to take ferry instead. This time I decided just to settle for hike around Horseshoe Bay. It took me just short of 3hrs with plenty of photographing breaks and what a views did I got on my hike, at times it was simply overwhelming, especially standing on top of Horseshoe Point. Even thou I wasn't so far from settlement, I still felt so isolated. Above all, everything was so tranquil in there. I can't wait to visit the island another time when I can stay there overnight and do longer tramping.









Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti