keskiviikko 16. maaliskuuta 2011

Riga

Gotta admit that I was happily surprised about Riga, Old Town was scenic for most parts and obviously, it’s cheap in here.. KHL play-off game, absolutely awesome.. ..people in Latvia are just extremely fanatic about hockey which makes the whole experience a lot better. Like I had seen from YouTube, beginning intro was just awesome. Latvian national anthem, the whole crowd was standing ang singing.. ..game itself was entertaining and what surprised me was the level that Riga supporters we’re chanting for their team, no matter the score. Gotta admit that I drank a bit to many beers durin the game but what the heck, I’m on holiday. I do remember vaguely comin to hostel but that’s it.. ..apparently I went to sleep 11ish.. ..reckon travelin to Riga took it’s toll on me..



Next morning woke up at 8ish, dunno why.. ..goddamn, couldn’t get anymore sleep.. ..oh well, few energy drinks and for a stroll to Old Town. Got quite a bit of photos taken, went to two churches, on another one took a lift ride to tower, great views. Went for a lunch actually twice, first by myself to pub next door and then to a local buffet restaurant with the blokes that I was with in the hockey game. If I was struggling with hangover it was nothing compared to those guys, man, they we’re dying.. ..made me felt pretty good.. Hah. Later on the evening went out with two yankees and aussie bloke, ended stayin up till 6am with that aussie bloke, goddamn I felt bad when woke up few hours later, I can’t really be havin hangover every day, althou todays feeling ain’t nothing compared to yday.. I was struggling a bit finding the bus station, dunno why I missed that one, could blame the hangover.. Finally got onto bus and to my 1st class section at the back of bus, neat. Got some refreshments and this bus has electric sockets for laptops and on top of all, free wi-fi, travelin with style.. And this whole 4,5h trip cost only 18€, how cheap is that comparing to Scandinavia..



Really waiting for Vilnius, just wonderin how much different the country and people are gonna be like, if at all. And also, what are the prices in there, gotta get used to another currency, again. Most likely I’ll end up drinkin tonite as well, obviously dependin on the people that I’m gonna meet in hostel, just gotta hope I won’t be getting anymore hangovers like on Tuesday. Althou, I do still feel good when rememberin those scottish blokes and their hangover..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti