torstai 31. maaliskuuta 2011

F1 Weekend

When I dropped my bags to my room on Thursday evening I couldn’t be anymore surprised, Finnish girls in my room.. ..in Edinburgh I met only handful of Finns and now, straight away, two Finns.. On Friday headed to track with an English bloke and spend few hours with him just soaking up the feeling of my first ever grand prix, amazing atmosphere.. Eventually, headed for my stand to watch the last bits of practice session but just couldn’t stay awake, jetlag was hittin me.. ..and just about an hour before I had bragged to Kirk that jetlag doesn’t seem to affect me.. ..yeah, right.. I had brief nap and we started drinkin a bit in our room, gotta say it was nice to able to speak Finnish with the girls.

my first ever grand prix ticket
dunno why, but I really like Porsche Panamera.. ..not a fan of Porsche but this one..


On the next day headed to track with my German roommate, Sebastian, but we went straight away to our own seats to watch the action. I was supposed to meet Kirk that day as well but never saw him so spent the whole day by myself. I was chattin with a Spanish bloke sittin next to me, he had sent an e-mail to Toro Rosso since he was apparently from the same town as Algesuari and he was invited to the paddocks on Friday evening, had a chance to see mechanics in action and had dinner with both drivers, what a lucky bastard.. ..why didn’t I ever thought of sending an e-mail to Lotus.. I took Saturday evening quietly cause wanted to prepare for Sunday without havin any hangover. My other german roommate tried to get me to start drinkin with him but I didn’t want to.

I wonder if there's ever gonna be a better Finn in F1 than Mika was..
'I wonder what kind of a piece is this from F1 car'.. ..marshalls cleaning track after Sutil's spin


On the next morning headed to track with Sebastian and other one of the Finnish girls, Alisa. We we’re watchin a bit of action from next to corner two since Alisa had only general admission to the race. After awhile we said goodbyes to Seb since he was leavin towards Germany straight after the race. I took a slingshot ride with Alisa, awesome experience! Finally she headed back to her ‘spot’ and I went to my seat. I managed to get quite a few photos from the drivers parade but obviously not from Kovalainen, darn.. The race itself was a bit boring but yet again, obviously it was completely different than following from telly. In general I would really recommend grand prix weekend as a experience but whenever my next grand prix weekend is gonna be, I gotta get better seating for it to be able to enjoy it a bit more than this time. But yet again, time and money well spent. The rest of the night ended up listenin music and drinkin with Alisa in our room. Our German roommates tried to get us to join them in some bar I couldn’t be bothered, was happy enough just to stay in the room.

home-crowd hero
Qantas fly-over
unfortunately Webber didn't do so well..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti