keskiviikko 6. huhtikuuta 2011

Melbourne

Last few weeks have been a bit quiet, just been spendin my time more or less in Melbourne just tryin to figure out what to do in here.. I've been in Zoo, Aquarium, Victoria Market, checkin penguins at St.Kilda beach, reckon only thing that's left is Eureka Tower. Last week I took a wee drive to Mornington Peninsula with Adam, we drove all the way to Rye for dinner and this monday I was on day-trip to Grampians National Park. So, basically, it's been a bit quiet last few weeks.. ..guess I've managed to do at least somethin but I just can't wait to get on my road trip..

Mr. Grumpy, eh..? ..just like me at hangover-mornings..
notice the paw reachin.. ..love or just close friends.. ..sweet anyway, right..?

Gotta admit that I really liked Melbourne Zoo, as always any zoo that I go, guess I'm just a one big animal lover.. ..really miss my pets, it's been now slightly over two years without a furry friend around me.. Sooner or later, when I eventually settle somewhere (hopefully..) first thing I'm gonna do is to get myself a pet. Anyway, back to the zoo - I really enjoyed just watchin roos from distance of about just 1metre, fascinating animals. They weren't doin much, just relaxin and scratchin themself but I was  just stuck with them, reckon someone from here might have same reaction with reindeers..

..I just wonder how can you sleep on that position..

I went to Aquarium with my finnish room-mate, gotta admit that it was pretty nice place but yet again, they could have a bit more to show for that price.. ..but anyway, I don't wanna complain too much since I'm just a tourist in here, at least for now..

I'd reckon this is one of the biggest reasons why people go to Aquarium, penguins
Mr. (or Mrs.) Grumpy part II
show-off
now that's a big (and ugly) crab
can you spot the fish..?

The Grampians tour was pretty ok, althou I'd say for the price amount of hiking was a bit small.. ..to be honest I was expectin and hopin for about 3-4hrs of hiking instead of one 45min and another 1,5hr hike but yet again, the views from the top of Hollow Mountain we're just absolutely amazing. And, the weather was on our side as well, on our way it looked so bad, it was raining in the beginning but then it cleared up and when we got to the top sun was shining from clear sky, awesome. And, one great thing on our trip was that we got to see wild roos, just amazing.. ..yeah, I know, some aussies might be laughin at me now, but come on, it was my first time ever seeing them in the wild..

Beehive Falls(!!) and my mascot, I'm still yet to come up a name for him..
on the top of Hollow Mountain

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti