tiistai 26. huhtikuuta 2011

Summer Hill

So far my last 9days in Mount Gambier we're the best days in OZ. My main job in farm was to feed baby lambs three times a day (7am, 1pm, 7pm) and in addition I did several other random jobs around the farm, whatever needed to do. I've never ever before been in farm and this was my first time as volunteer as well but couldn't be anymore happier that I decided to go there. My hosts we're really awesome and also their friends who came there for the Easter weekend. We had some great time during weekend, one top thing was clay shooting, yet again another thing I hadn't done before, reckon I had quite a few first-times in farm and that made the experience even better. Their cat Sake was a bit so-so, guess she couldn't make up her mind how to react towards me, sometimes she was begging petting and the next attacking me.. Their dogs, Jasper & Cheyenne we're really fun to play with, especially Jasper was really playful.


Sake
Jasper
Jasper & Cheyenne
Gotta admit that I did started feelin a bit soft towards those lambs more I spent time with 'em. Slowly started to recognize their personal differences. Especially one of the middle ones was so funny cause he had a completely different pitch on his voice than any other. In the beginning there was 18 of them but within first few days one of the smallest ones passed away during the night but that was kinda expected cause it wasn't really drinkin milk at all. Sunday morning completely out of the blue one of the big ones had passed away as well, it had found a small piece of plastic cup and got few pieces on to his throat.. Don't wanna sound too soft but I really felt bad for quite a few hours after I found that one lying at the corner of their den, guess I was already so attached to those little creatures. During almost every feeding I found myself just stayin with 'em and just watchin and laughin cause they we're jumpin all over me tryin to find more milk. Luckily I get to see them one more time cause we're headin on our road trip to Summer Hill for one more night before makin our way towards Adelaide.



Finally tomorrow I'm startin my road trip with Heidi, Lola & Lou towards Cairns via Uluru & Red Centre. First Great Ocean Road and from there on towards outback, can't wait to get to middle-of-nowhere. One place that I'm really looking forward is Uluru, no matter how touristy it is but I believe it's gonna be beautiful and memorable place anyway. I'm also hoping that we could spend some time at Kakadu National Park close to Darwin but just gotta go with the flow and see how things start to evolve. From now-on I've got no idea how often I can get to internet updating this blog, reckon that especially in outback it might be a bit difficult but hey, you never know..


My deepest thanks to Brett and Michelle for giving me a chance visiting their farm and home and spending a really unforgettable week in there. I really hope that I could come back some day in future. Thanks guys.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti