torstai 5. toukokuuta 2011

Road Trip : Melbourne to Summer Hill

Finally, THE Wednesday arrived.. After a short hold-up I finally got the camper and was on my way to pick up other members of the crew. At first I drove to my hostel to get my stuff, then I picked up Lola close-by and then for the city for Heidi & Lou. After awhile, everybody in the camper with their stuff and the road trip could began, this is what I had been waiting for almost three months.. Obviously, first few kilometres we're boring as hell in freeway but when we get to Geelong I started to feel better, soon, soon, The Great Ocean Road would begin. We did spent a bit too much time in Torquay tryin to find some stuff from surf-shop sales, don't look at me, I wasn't the one needin somethin.. Cause of the hold up in depot and time wasted in Torquay we couldn't make as far as I had hoped for, we didn't even get to Apollo Bay. Darkness was fallin upon us pretty fast and some of us we're gettin a bit worried can we find a camping spot for the night. We did drove past one place, by accidently, but finally we found a spot in Wye River. For some reason we didn't see anyone in the office nor did he see us until morning. We we're supposed to pay during arrival but luckily that bloke was easy as aussies usually, 'no worries, mate'. I love these guys, so relaxed.


I decided to sleep our first night in my tent, otherwise it was good but the waves we're keeping me awake, it had been awhile since I had been sleepin in the tent.. Reckon I woke about 1,5hrs before anybody else so I had a good time to take some photos and enjoy the beach which we couldn't see on the previous night. Thanks to Lola's inside information we found this small road up to a hill just past Wye River where we could spot some koalas. That was definetily the highlight of that day besides Twelve Apostles. The weather was really spoiling us, it was clear skies while we drove thru Great Ocean Road and visited Twelve Apostles. What a start for our road trip. Later on we stopped for fuel/lunch and then headed towards Summer Hill. We got there about 5ish, Victorian time, and I had sent Brett a msg about our arrival time forgettin that SA is 30mins behind VIC.. Anyway, we had a nice barbeque that night and we decided to stay there for another night as well so that we could stock up in Mt Gambier the next day and Heidi could see The Royal Wedding from telly.


All of us we're enjoying our extra day & night at Summer Hill. My crew got to shot clay targets as well which they seemed to enjoy. I also got a bit of help feeding the lambs, obviously I was gonna do that since we could stay there for extra night.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti