torstai 5. toukokuuta 2011

Road Trip : Summer Hill to Kulgera

Since we had an extra day in Mt Gambier we headed for Princess Margaret Rose Caves but to be honest that was more or less a bit of an disappointment, reckon all of us we're waitin for a bit bigger cave. We also visited vineyard for some wine tasting climbed on top of Mount Gambier, unfortunately the tower at the top was closed.


The next day after Mt Gambier was a bit boring, mainly due to weather, it was raining pretty much for the whole day.. Thanks to Lou's good map-reading skills we took a bit different approach to Adelaide and we're able even to cross a small river with a ferry.


Next night was again another one for me in my tent. I didn't have anything to complain except in the morning when I was woken up by bloody magpies.. Oh well, again time for me to take some photos while other ones we're sleeping. The next day we headed towards Adelaide. Maybe cause it was Sunday the city felt so quiet and even a bit boring but yet again, we had a small walk and a lunch in the city and we we're on the road again. We found a camping spot in the bush. Baroota, about 60km from Port Augusta. Gotta say that place was interesting experience, so far we had been camping more or less in grass areas and now all we had was just bush all around but yet again, it was a nice place. And cheap, only 10dollars for all of us. The next morning, bush showers we're interesting as well, but surprisingly good.


That night was the best sleep for me so far and it was also the warmest. Yet again, I was the first one to wake up, had a nice morning shower and a wee chat with an aussie bloke. The next morning we headed for Port Augusta for the last stock-up before outback. Even the landscape between Adelaide and Port Augusta was starting to be a bit like in-the-middle-of-nowhere but the 'real' difference started after PA. I was thinkin of refuelling in PA but I thought, nah, surely there's some stations before Woomera. Guess, what, no stations.. ..for the last 65km's the fuel light was on and I was really gettin nervous. Lou and Heidi in the back didn't have any idea of what's happening but Lola knew a bit cause she was sittin in the front with me. I'd say for the last 30mins I didn't spoke anythin with her, I was just completely focused on out fuel cauge and it's movements. But, we made it, good girl our car. After refuelling and lunch I said that was enough nerve-crackin for me, Lola your turn to drive for our camping spot. She drove for about another 1,5hrs and we camped in a rest stop honestly in-the-middle-of-nowhere. The sunset was just absolutely amazing. We had decided that next day would be a big drivin day to gain some kilometres so I slept in the van on the lower bunk with girls. I woke Lou up about 6.15 when it was gettin enough sunlight to drive. Like planned, girls we're sleepin until Coober Pedy, for about 2,5hrs and we stopped for breakfast. Heidi had promised to do some eggs and bacon, what a nice breakfast after a nice sunrise drive.



We stayed in Coober Pedy for about 3hrs, refuelled and headed back on the road. To be honest, at least I thought that CP was boring as hell, not really much to see, wouldn't really recommend to anyone. After CP we still had another 400km's to drive for our next planned stop, Kulgera, just across the border. We stopped for a quick lunch at some roadhouse - just can't remember where.. At the last parts of drive I was gettin really bored but yet again, I wanted to test myself. Finally, about 6ish we arrived to Kulgera in Northern Territory and parked up for night. They didn't have any grass spots free so we all slept yet another night in the camper. The next day we would arrive to Uluru.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti