perjantai 13. toukokuuta 2011

Road Trip : Daly Waters to Harriet Creek

A small entry this time. Next morning it was time head towards north again. Our initial plan was to visit Kakadu National Park after Darwin but since Lola is leavin us in Darwin we decided to explore Kakadu before Darwin. On our way towards north our first stop was in Larrimah where we found this small and bizarre little roadhouse and camping ground with a free zoo so obviously we wanted to check it out. I’d say that the star of the zoo was saltie croc Sneeky Sam.


Our next stop was in Mataranka for re-fuel and after that we headed for Bitter Springs for a wee swim. Well, the others did, not me. Althou I’ve lived pretty much all of my life on the coast I’ve never really liked swimming and actually the last time I’ve been swimming was in army, over 10yrs ago, so I’m pretty sure I would just drown..


After Bitter Springs we headed for Katherine to do some re-stock before Kakadu - mainly beer for me & Lou and to get to internet as well. In general, Katherine felt really boring, like Alice, I didn’t take any pictures. If there was a lot of aboriginals loitering in Alice, it was nothing compared to this town.. Finally we got everythin done and we we’re on our way to Kakadu. It was getting pretty late and dark once we arrived to our chosen rest area just outside the park. Since I was doing the dinner that night only Lou did his tent and I slept in the camper. We saw another pack of backpackers at the same place so we had a small chat with them as well. On the next day we’ll be entering the biggest national park in Australia, Kakadu, and we we’re hopin to spot some crocs during our stay there.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti