maanantai 9. huhtikuuta 2012

Auckland - City of Sails

Just a few weeks ago I decided to make New Zealand as my next destination. I chose Auckland as the city from where I would start my exploration. It was kinda strange 'losing' 3hrs when flying from Australia to New Zealand. I got thru customs more or less easy in NZ but in OZ it might have been a different matter.. Back when I arrived to Brisbane, I visited immigration office to double-check what would be my last day that I'd have to leave Australia. Then, officer told me that 25th would be okay, but.. ..since I arrived to OZ on 24th I should have departed it as well on 24th.. Well, it was only a matter of one day and the officer was laid-back. Like I mentioned, got thru NZ customs without any hassle and all I had to do was to show my hiking boots and that was it.. Felt a bit lazy gettin a bus - well, actually walkin that 1,5km from bus stop to my hostel - so took a taxi and what an expensive trip that was.. ..NZD89.. After ditching my bags to room I took a wee walk to downtown and headed for a pint. It's always interesting to walk on a new city without a map..

On the next mornin I got up about 9ish and headed for a better walk to downtown. This time I could actually see something and had my camera with me as well. But man, was I freezing..! Surely it was +20degrees or somethin but spending that much time in Queensland & Brisbane was takin it's toll. Had my jeans on and even a pull-over shirt as well but still felt chilly. 'How am I gonna get used to this weather'.. Even had to wear socks..


On first impression city felt nice, slightly busier than Brisbane even thou being smaller. I saw quite a few similar brands like in Australia but also some new ones. Reckon I took about 5hrs just strolling around downtown area and trying to find some nice shots with my camera. As usual, the first day I just concentrate on CBD, not bothered exploring further.


For the next day I had decided to take harbour cruise, a 1,5hr cruise around harbour and a brief stop at Rangitoto Island. I didn't took any photos from Rangitoto since I was gonna go there some other day for a hiking trip.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti