keskiviikko 19. lokakuuta 2011

Road Trip : 1770 to Landsborough

I took my time on the next mornin, no rush, I kept repeating to myself. I kinda had my mind set on the idea that I'll stay overnight in Bundaberg but first I decided to go to information center to see if it would be worth it stayin there. Nah, didn't sound like worth it but like I planned, I did a visit to rum distillery and took a few photos. I wasn't fussed takin a tour inside so I just took a look at the shop. I drove thru town centre and took a wee break at bakery and then I was on the road again.


After that long day spent in 1770 I felt really good again, maybe I'll drive a bit more today.. I stopped in Maryborough at Queensland Transport office to enquire about my license. After that I had to decide how far would I drive today. I planned three different camping spot, depending how far I'd like to drive. In the end I drove to the furthest one, camping ground just behind a big truck stop in Kybong. I have to say that this was pretty nice place, wee lakes surrunding camp ground and heaps of birds around. The noises of truck stop didn't bother me at all. Next mornin I'll drive to Australia Zoo in Beerwah, just about an hours drive.


First time I woke up it was about 5ish in the mornin and I was freezin my arse of.. ..this was clearly the coldest night so far on my road trip, I even had kept all the windows closed from the beginning. Bloody hell, how could it be this cold, it's already spring.. ..maybe I should have stayed in FNQ a bit longer.. I fell asleep again and woke up past 8am, dammit, I was supposed to be in zoo by the time gates open at 9am. Quick brekkie and on the road again. I arrived to Australia Zoo about 10ish and decided to buy 2-day pass since that way I'd get 2nd day for half the price. I had 14days to use it so I'd decide after today would I come tmw again or some time later on. Since I had those 2days to sepnd here I decided not to pursue for the live shows and instead I just took my time and tried to find areas where there was least amunt of people around. I did like the way zoo was set-up, althou gotta say that Africa exhibit was a bit disappointment but it's still on it's 1st phase. For overnight I drove back towards Bruce Hwy, to small camp ground in Landsborough.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti