tiistai 11. lokakuuta 2011

Road Trip : Cairns to Alligator Creek

I picked up my camper from Cairns on Sat mornin and drove first to Cairns Tropical Zoo. What can I say, I'm just a big sucker for zoo's.. After spendin few hours in the zoo it was time to head to my farm for one last nite. I had invited few guys to my house for a dinner and a wee party. After my party I found myself sittin at the back of ute and headin for another party close-by. Few hours there and back to sleep, I had planned to do rest of my packin in the mornin. I got myself on the move 10ish and had planned to drive to Wallamin Falls for camping.



I stopped briefly in Atherton to do some last shopping. Driving over the Great Dividing Range was really a big enjoyment, above all, really felt good being on the road again. Rest of the day was more or less just drivin,  briefly stoppin in Tully, Mission Beach & Cardwell to take some photos. Last 50km from Ingham to Wallamin Falls was nice, especially the road up to the range, such a steep and winding climb. I took a quick glance at the falls but since sun was shining from the wrong way I decided to leave photographing for next day and head for my camping ground. Since being still in the tropics, evening was warm as, but for my surprise I was almost freezin at night.. Reckon it wasn't really that cold but since my body has gotten used to certain temperatures..



The next mornin I headed back to the falls for photos. I was supposed to take a walk at the bottom but as my luck pretty much always, the walk was closed.. ..dammit.. Time to start headin back to Ingham and down south towards Townsville. I was in city fairly quickly, visited tourist information, glanced the waterfront and Castle Hill but still managed to spend rest of my day in there.. ..drivin back and forth between electronic stores.. At my last nite in Walkamin someone had poured liquid over my laptop resulting my mother board to get fried so I had to buy a new computer for myself.. ..puttin that money to new netbook resulted me skipping Magnetic Island.. I found a truck stop just south of Townsville and parked there for overnight.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti