lauantai 15. lokakuuta 2011

Road Trip : Credition Hall to 1770

I woke up fairly early in the mornin and decided to go and get a last look at platypuses. I managed to spot one but couldn't get any photos.. I said goodbyes to danes and off I went again. I stopped briefly at both lookout points and only Sky Window was worth of takin photos but that view.. If I enjoyed drivin up to the range, comin down was even a bigger thrill. I kept about 1,5hr break while I was re-fuellin and had a wee lunch. Initially I was supposed to park at Marlborough but I just didn't like the place so I drove a bit further, to Yaamba. This was my longest distance in a day so far, drove just past 400km, realized that I had been advancing a bit too fast and from now on I should slow down my progressing. Reckon I was just feelin so good after those days at Eungella NP that even the most monotonous part of Bruce Hwy didn't bother me.


On the next morning my first stop was Rockhampton. According to my travel guide there wasn't supposed to be much of anything but by accident I found out in the morning that there's a wee zoo and as I am a big, big fan of them.. I saw typical roos, koalas, dingoes, crocs, wombats & cassowaries, and even a peacock outside since this was a part of Botanical Gardens. Gotta be honest, it wasn't much of anything but guess that's what you gotta expect from free admission zoo but yet again, it was nice to kill some time there. I drove thru Gladstone and did a brief stop to Woolies, for overnight I parked in rest area at Benaraby, about 20km south of Gladstone, back at Bruce Hwy.


Next mornin I was headin towards Agnes Water & Town of 1770, I had planned of drivin to Bundaberg for camping. I took a half an hour break in Miriam Vale since I wasn't in any rush and was just tryin to make my days go a bit faster and not drivin that much per day. I had to re-fuel at Agnes Water and then I headed for 1770. I drove straight to the spot where Captain Cook first set foot in Queensland on May 24th, 1770. After that I drove at the end of cape to take some nice photos. Few more photos from town and then headin back south again. I stopped on the other side of town to take a photo of sign and since there was a caravan park right next to it I started to think - 'where's my rush' - and decided to stay there for overnight. Once I had settled down at my bay I took a brief drive to Agnes for grocery store and decided to give myself a permission to spend a bit more money today so I drove back to 1770 for lunch on a restaurant next to shore. Maybe tomorrow I'll camp somewhere close to Bundaberg.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti